Tarte Cosmetics Maracuja Oil ReviewThursday, April 20, 2017
Hello there ladies, it’s been a while since I posted any product review on my blog and today’s all about the review on Tarte’s Maracuja ...
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Hello there ladies, it’s been a while since I posted any product review on my blog and today’s all about the review on Tarte’s Maracuja Oil. Let me get to some minor details first; it’s comes in a pretty classy bottle in dark purple color that comes with a glass dropper for use. This product is pretty expensive and gifted to me by a very good friend of mine from Canada that reached me via mail in 21 days.
Before jumping into the review, I would first explain the benefits of Maracuja Oil, in general, to let you ladies better understand the ups and downs of this amazing product.
Maracuja Oil & Its Benefits
Maracuja oil is extracted from two sources both belonging to the same plant species, the passion flower, and the passionfruit seed. Both the sources produce similar oil with minor differences. The passion flower is already known for its anxiety-reducing properties, and its calming properties are well recognized from the earlier civilizations. The Maracuja oil possesses the following amazing health benefits:
- The Maracuja oil is an excellent skin moisturizer.
- This oil can reduce the inflammation and itching from the skin tissues.
- This oil is known to cure insomnia by reducing the stress with its natural sedative properties.
- Maracuja oil is a very good anti-oxidant, it eradicates free radical from damaging the skin tissues.
- Maracuja oil does not cause acne breakouts and in fact, prevent it with its linoleic acid composition. The plant oil with a higher ratio of linoleic acid are good for acne prone skin, and the plant oil with a high ratio of oleic acid can make the acne issue worse. Maracuja oil comprises 77% of Linoleic acid and 23% of Oleic acid that suggests it is good for oily skin with acne problem.
Tarte Cosmetics: Maracuja Oil Packaging
The Tarte’s Maracuja oil comes in a stylish compact glass bottle in dark purple color with a glass dropper. The bottle weighs around 1.7 fl oz (50 ml) and the dropper that comes with it, really helps you make the full use of it without overspilling this precious oil. The bottle is handy and travel-friendly and can be an ideal addition to your vanity box or dresser.
You can also try the Tarte’s travel size maracuja oil (0.5 oz) if you are really looking for something small for your bag. The glass bottle is pretty solid I have already dropped it a few times (by accident), and it did not break, but I would still suggest to handle it safely because the product is quite pricey.
My Review on Tarte Maracuja Oil
Before jumping into the review I would like you all to known that I have been using the Tarte Maracuja oil for almost four weeks, I have a combination skin type and I do not have acne-prone skin. My experience with this product is based on few weeks and I live in a warm and humid place. For the starters, 1.7 oz bottle can easily last for a month, and its price is around $50 in most of the online stores that is quite pricey for me but thank God I got this beauty from a friend of mine.
To use it just pour the oil into your palm with the glass dropper and rub it gently on your face. The best time to do it is before going to bed that allows your skin a good time to rejuvenate and get its benefits. You can also use it as your moisturizer, just two to three drops of it are enough for the face. The oil is quite transparent and very light on your skin. You might find a tiny tinge of yellow color in it but it does not matter. The oil has no fragrance to it and it absorbs pretty quickly into your skin without any greasy feel.
After a week of using the Maracuja oil I did not notice anything unusual in my skin, it acted as a good moisturizer for me, but I continued its use for another week. It was the third week when I noticed my facial skin got softer and it also improved the texture of my skin. I had uneven skin because of teenage acne breakouts, and this oil has no doubt reduced this problem for me, and it also has decreased the size of my skin pores. It has been almost four weeks now and I would say that I am pretty much convinced with its amazing skin enhancing qualities especially improving the texture of my facial skin.
Another good thing about this oil is that you can use it with your makeup foundation to get good hydration and a dewy look. I normally use it with Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, just two drops of this precious oil along with the makeup foundation gives me amazing shimmery effects. I would suggest you to try this especially if you are going to a party or hangout at night. Let’s take a look at the Pros and Cons of this oil now.
- The Maracuja oil is pretty lightweight; it goes well as a moisturizer with your makeup without caking.
- This oil can be used at night and daytime.
- This oil does not clog your pores.
- It does not give any greasy feel.
- It softens the skin.
- It shrinks the large pores.
- It improves the texture of skin.
- Equally good for dry and oily skin.
- It controls the acne breakouts with Linoleic acid’s high ratio in its composition.
- It has no fragrance.
- It is quite pricey.
- Might not suit everyone and may cause allergic reactions.
- There is no scientific study to support its acne controlling claim (I do not have acne-prone skin so that I would stick to it).