Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap ReviewWednesday, January 11, 2017
Hello ladies, hope you all are doing well there and doing great after your Christmas and New Year holidays. Today, I am going to share m...
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Hello ladies, hope you all are doing well there and doing great after your Christmas and New Year holidays. Today, I am going to share my review on Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap that is actually a Kojic acid soap which claims to brighten your skin tone.
I was wondering to do a review on this product just like the way I did with Faiza Beauty Cream and the Golden Pearl cream but the risk of side effects kept me away from it for some time. I have already mentioned the difference between skin discoloration and the actual skin fairness in my previous posts, so I am not going into this topic again.
Before starting my review on this product, I would like to explain a little bit about the Kojic acid first because it is this soap’s main ingredient. There are many Kojic acid based products available in the market in the form of creams, soaps, and lotions.
So, What is Kojic Acid?I did my fair bit of research before actually experiencing Kojie San Skin lightening soap and here is the shortest definition of Koijic Acid. The Kojic acid is a by-product that is produced during Japanese rice wine formation. It is commonly used as a chelation agent in the industrial production of various food and cosmetic products. The primary purpose of Kojic acid’s addition in the industrial production is to preserve or change the color of the substance produced. Typically Kojic acid is added in different cosmetics to lighten the skin color. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties and claims to have better cytotoxicity against cancer cells. In simple words it lightens skin color and attacks the growing cancer cells.
My Review on Kojie San SoapSo, after a bit of research, I bought this Kojie San Soap from a local drugstore in Rs. 600 ($6). I started using this soap a week after my wedding as I had to convince my hubby too :P he is against these products, but after showing him some of my findings from the internet he was a little bit convinced.
The product comes in a white box containing two soap bars packed separately. The bar comes in orange color with a sweet candy like fragrance which is pretty nice.
The lather it produces is a bit creamy and might give your skin a fizzy kind of feeling during first few days. At first, it was a bit obnoxious for me but the tingling sensations dissipated within the first week.
Before Kojie San Soap
After the first week of use I noticed almost nothing on my skin, I was washing my face twice in a day with this soap, so I decided to do it thrice the second week. After three weeks of use, I noticed a little difference in my skin tone, this soap certainly gave my skin some brightening effects. The other downside to this soap is that it made my skin absolutely dry and I had to rely on lotion heavily to continuously moisturize my skin.
After first week
I used this soap for four and a half week, and the effects were pretty much similar to those from the Faiza beauty cream (temporary). The problem with these soaps and creams is that the results never last longer. You cannot expect your skin to turn absolutely fair and remain like it forever after using these products. The problem is that the results feel promising till you are using these products but they start vanishing after you stop using them.
After 3rd Week
After 4th week
This soap certainly helps you brighten your skin, but again I would emphasize that it is nothing but skin discoloration. After I had stopped using this soap, the effects started to fade away, and within ten days my skin tone turned to its previous shade.
How Does Kojie San Soap Work?In case if you are wondering how it does work, here is a simple illustration of it. The Kojic acid in the soap penetrates your skin and decreases the melanin production. Melanin is a pigment responsible for the darkness of skin color, when your skin is exposed to sunlight your body starts producing melanin and it causes the redness which later turns into dark coloration on your skin. So, when you use soaps like Koijie San frequently the production of melanin in your skin decreases which results in the temporary brightening of the skin tone.
How to use Kojie San Soap?A good idea is to use a face cleanser before applying the Kojie San skin lightening soap so it can allow the soap to penetrate your skin pores effectively. You can also wash your face first with lukewarm water before applying this soap. Lather your hands with soap and apply it gently on your face and let it rest on your skin. Wash it off with fresh water after thirty seconds. Do not leave it for more than half a minute on your face especially.
PrecautionsFollow these precautions while using any product that is based on Kojic acid. I read these precautions and followed them religiously to be on safe side.
- Don’t rub your skin while applying the Kojie San Soap on your face. Do it gently, you are not exfoliating your skin with this soap.
- Always use sunscreen protection when going outdoors. Continuous exposure to sunlight may cause itchiness or redness on your skin so I’d advise you to use at least SPF-30 cream or moisturizer.
- Do not leave this soap on your skin for more than half a minute, wash it off immediately if you feel burning sensation on your skin.
- Buy a good moisturizer to help your skin stay hydrated. I have a combination skin type and it turned my skin extremely-dry.
- Don’t exfoliate your skin regularly when using this soap.
- Don’t use it if you have any open wounds or cuts on your skin.
Benefits of Kojie San Skin Lightening SoapKojie San Soap offers the following benefits:
- The soap brightens your skin tone (temporary).
- The fragrance of this soap is quite pleasing.
- Its paraben-free formula eliminates the risk of skin cancer.
- It eliminates the dark spots and blemishes on your skin.
- You can also use it to get rid of dark underarms, dark elbows and knees.
Side effects of Kojie San Skin Lightening SoapYou might experience the following side effects from Kojie San Soap:
- This soap may cause temporary itchiness or redness on your skin.
- Kojie San is a Kojic acid based products which is known to cause tingling sensations on most the skin types - If you experience burning sensation it is advised to discontinue it usage immediately.
- This soap can make your skin extremely dry.
- It can result in acne-breakout, do not use it if you have an acne prone skin.
- Kojie san soap may cause skin allergies stop using it immediately if it does not suit your skin.
- This soap can damage your hair so it is advised to use a shower cap before using it.
RecommendationThe Kojie San Skin lightening soap is a good product to have in your closet. You can use it specifically in days when you find your skin losing its glow to get it back in some good form. I do not recommend using this soap frequently and for long period to be on safe side. I would personally rate this product 6 out of 10. It can brighten your skin but for a temporary phase and it’s a bit expensive too. Don’t expect a miracle from this soap it works nicely but not like the magical skin fairness potion you are looking for in the market.
Questions Related To This PostHow long to leave Kojie San Soap on face?
Do not leave this soap for more than 30 seconds on your face.
How does Kojie San Soap work?
It works by decreasing the melanin production in your skin which in return gives the brightening effect.
Is Kojie San soap effective for acne?
No, do not use Kojie San soap if you have acne-prone skin.
Is Kojie San soap safe for pregnant women?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to use if you are expecting a child or breastfeeding.